We may be a little biased, but having your colours analysed is truly a transformational experience and if you’re struggling to think of a special gift for your partner, friend or relative this Christmas then a colour me beautiful colour consultation is really something special!
Here are a few reasons why…
1. Wearing colours that suit you (i.e that work in harmony with your skin tone, eye and hair colour) will make your skin glow and your eyes sparkle! It can also make you appear more youthful.
2. Think you’ll be told not to wear black when you come for a colour consultation? Think again! It’s not just about wearing the ‘right’ colours, its also about knowing how to wear your colours; which fabrics, textures and jewellery work best, what other shades to combine them with and where to wear your darker and lighter shades (i.e. above or below the waist)
3. A colour consultation also includes a natural, daytime make-up application in your best shades – so your loved one will enjoy a lovely pamper as well as leaving their consultation looking and feeling fabulous!
4. The lucky recipient will also get a 42 colour swatch wallet to use as a guide when they’re out and about shopping as well as some handy tips from their colour me beautiful consultant, to remind them of their best shades and how to wear them.
5. Colour consultations can be done in pairs as well as alone! So if you fancy indulging a little too then book a joint consultation with your local consultant and make a day of it!
6. A colour consultation will save you time (and money!) No more trudging around the shops wondering where to look, making panic purchases and then never wearing them. Once you’ve had your colours analysed you’ll know exactly which shades are in your palette, making it so much easier to put outfits together and create a capsule wardrobe that gets maximum wear.
Find your local colour me beautiful consultant here.
Shop our gift experiences here.
Find out more about our colour consultations here.
Here at colour me beautiful we LOVE getting dressed to the nines and heading out on the town during the festive season. A bit of sparkle, a fabulous pair of shoes and a killer dress all make for the perfect party look.
All too often we’ll spend hours, or even days, searching for the perfect outfit for that special festive event, only to leave our beauty look to the last minute. This party season make sure you plan ahead to ensure your pout is perfectly polished too.
A statement lip is the look to be seen in this Winter (those of you who watch The Great British Bake Off will have seen this year’s winner certainly loved a bold lip!), so here are our top tips on which shades to choose and how to make your lips last!
Shades of Red
A bright red is an iconic Hollywood look for a reason; it’s glamorous, sensuous and feminine. Keep the rest of your make-up pared back if you’re going for a strong lip shade; neutral eyes, a little blush and then allow your lip colour to give the real WOW factor! We love Red Carpet, from the colour me beautiful make-up range for a show-stopping look.
Long Lasting Lips
Keeping your lip colour in place all evening can be a challenge for some, but with the right application techniques and products, it needn’t be…
- Gently exfoliate your lips using a specially formulated lip scrub.
- Apply a non-greasy lip balm to soothe and moisturise your lips.
- Apply colour me beautiful lip base to prime your lips, help your lipstick stay in place and reduce feathering.
- Select a colour me beautiful lip pencil in your ideal shade, line and fill your lips in.
- Finally apply your favourite colour me beautiful lipstick and voila!
If you’re unsure which lipstick shade to go for, get in touch with your local colour me beautiful consultant by clicking here for some advice!