Category Christmas gifts
Today’s blog post is celebrating National Christmas Jumper day, which is taking place up and down the UK to raise money for Save The Children.
In recent years the Christmas jumper has taken on an almost cult-like status with the choice ranging from classic and understated festive patterns, all the way through to flashing reindeer noses!
With that in mind, we thought we’d take you through some different outfit options to help you decide which look you’ll be going for on the big day, just in case crazy Christmas jumpers aren’t your style!
Shimmer & Sparkle
There is no better time of year to shine than at Christmas so go for it with luxe fabrics like velvet and silk or try sequins and shimmery fabrics to glam up your daytime look. A sequinned skirt worn with a cosy knit is a great smart/casual look for Christmas day, alternatively you could go for some subtle embellishment on your shoulders or neckline for a more understated look.
Comfy & Cosy
If you’re feeling truly lazy and indulgent this Christmas (and why not we say!), then the idea of relaxing in some luxurious loungewear might be very appealing! Places like The White Company do fabulous loungewear ranges in the most sumptuous of fabrics (see our recent post on cashmere for more!)
Funky & Fun
Christmas is a great time to have some fun with your everyday look. Let’s face it, it’s the only time of year when it’s acceptable to walk around with deely boppers on your head all day! Embrace the Christmas jumper trend and go for something fun. Next do a great range of Christmas jumpers for the whole family, so you can all co-ordinate for those Christmas Day pictures!
Pretty & Polished
Use the festivities of Christmas Day as an excuse to get dressed to the nines! Pop on that party dress in a fabulous colour, dig out your fanciest pair of shoes and shine bright like the North Star! With so many of us opting for casual, less-is-more looks these days its nice to take the opportunity to dress up every once in a while (and those Christmas PJs will still be waiting for you to snuggle into when the day is done!)
Need more inspiration for Christmas Day looks? Check out our Pinterest board here.
Psssst! Still not got your Christmas shopping sorted? Check out our range of luxury stocking fillers here, or shop our gift experiences here. You still have time to get your loved one something truly special this Christmas!
We may be a little biased, but having your colours analysed is truly a transformational experience and if you’re struggling to think of a special gift for your partner, friend or relative this Christmas then a colour me beautiful colour consultation is really something special!
Here are a few reasons why…
1. Wearing colours that suit you (i.e that work in harmony with your skin tone, eye and hair colour) will make your skin glow and your eyes sparkle! It can also make you appear more youthful.
2. Think you’ll be told not to wear black when you come for a colour consultation? Think again! It’s not just about wearing the ‘right’ colours, its also about knowing how to wear your colours; which fabrics, textures and jewellery work best, what other shades to combine them with and where to wear your darker and lighter shades (i.e. above or below the waist)
3. A colour consultation also includes a natural, daytime make-up application in your best shades – so your loved one will enjoy a lovely pamper as well as leaving their consultation looking and feeling fabulous!
4. The lucky recipient will also get a 42 colour swatch wallet to use as a guide when they’re out and about shopping as well as some handy tips from their colour me beautiful consultant, to remind them of their best shades and how to wear them.
5. Colour consultations can be done in pairs as well as alone! So if you fancy indulging a little too then book a joint consultation with your local consultant and make a day of it!
6. A colour consultation will save you time (and money!) No more trudging around the shops wondering where to look, making panic purchases and then never wearing them. Once you’ve had your colours analysed you’ll know exactly which shades are in your palette, making it so much easier to put outfits together and create a capsule wardrobe that gets maximum wear.
Find your local colour me beautiful consultant here.
Shop our gift experiences here.
Find out more about our colour consultations here.